Wearing Your Feng Shui Colors
Before you slip into your uniform of the day, be conscious about your mood and what tasks you want to (preferably) or have to do accomplish today. Consider dressing in the Five Chinese elements to inspire a successful and joyful day.
Here's a quick reminder of the elements, their colors, and their energetic attributes, specifically to dress your attitude:
- Green Wood Fresh Starts and Newness
- Red Fire Get it Done and Motivation
- Yellow and Beiges Earth Nurturing and Compassion
- White and Metallics Metal Abundance of all Sorts
- Blues and Blacks Water Mental Clarity and/or Going with the Flow
You don't have to be limited by the five colors of the Feng Shui elements, you can dress in the Daily-ColorAlchemy-Colors too.
Using color doesn't have to be crayola-like. Take creative liberties. If you love magenta or hot pink instead of red, you are still dressing to motivate. Because pink is the color of the Heart Chakra, you have a double whammy: you add fire while loving yourself and others.
In the ColorAlchemy book and DVD, you'll learn how to absorb all
7 ColorAlchemy-Triumph-Colors for complete balance.
Vitality — Creativity — Power — Love — Focus — Intuition — Bliss
Think about breaking out of your comfort, "color and personality" zone. Feng Shui and Color Alchemy is all about balance and if you tend to wear the same colors all the time, you may have a tendency to be exclusively living in the energy of your comfort color.
In the ColorAlchemy book, there is an entire section that explains color variations as well as what light and dark shades say about you and your personality. In addition to all life-enhancing tools you'll discover HERE, you'll learn that the purer the hue, the easier it is to absorb the mind, body, and spiritual benefit of working with the attributes of each Daily Color and Chakra.
By the way, I just love what Sir Winston Churchill says about color:
"I cannot pretend to be impartial about color
I rejoice with the brilliant ones and
I am genuinely sorry for the poor browns!"
- Winston Churchill
A Boring Brown example:
I was working with a professional who wanted me to Feng Shui Interior Design her home and office. She wanted, as we all do, was to happily balance work and play while being successful at both. Because home is where the heart is and the most important factor in the Feng Shui of your office next to mental ColorAlchemy attitude (and there is a whole week of Colors of your Mind in ColorAlchemy), perseverance, and some good luck, we started in her house.
Trying to get an idea of the colors she liked, I went to her closet--everything was earth tones. Because everything in her life was static (and she had no social life), extra grounded and stabilized by the too much of the earth element in everything she wore, decoratively I wanted to add all of the elements to surround her in balanced color attributes.
In addition to the environmental design, I suggested to start shifting energy immediately by purchasing a few blouses in many different colors! I didn't want her to become immobilized in the same way that I experienced another client with an all-neutral closet.
Lady number two, who also hadn't moved anything in her earth olive and beige color-schemed home for twenty years, even admitted she was the "exact same person she was twenty years ago" (Gads! I had to hold back my tears!) She was so ridged and stuck, she even resisted lingerie in different colors. I'd love to tell you the rest of the story one day...
Don't be a poor brown!
Wear your colors. Celebrate their energy and your life!
Rejoice in your Brilliant Colors!
Good decorative rules for
Your environment and the elements:
- Have all five of them represented in every vista, not just with color: consider texture, pattern and/or materials too.
Dressing Yourself with the elements:
- Wear the Daily ColorAlchemy & Chakra Balancing Color to absorb all the energies that enhance all your human qualities every week!
- Dressing in the elements, use patterns and textures too. Otherwise, you may look like this Feng Shui practitioner I once encountered that was wearing a blue shirt, red tie, yellow pants- I have to stop! The only other detail that was missing was his red nose and floppy shoes! Good design is always good Feng Shui (but not necessarily the other way around).
So how are you feeling?
- Are you tired because you have been running too fast and burning the candle at both ends? Take a dip in a cool pond and wear something blue.
- Are you bored? Try red to shake it up and/or some green for a new look at life.
- Are you blue and down in the dumps? Wear yellow and earth tones are great to slow down and nurture yourself or others.
- Do you just want to be uplifted? Wear your favorite bight color and have some fun!
And what are you doing today?
- If you have been putting off writing that article and the deadline is looming, wear blue for metal clarity and focus, but burn a fragrant candle at your desk to not slip into go-with-the flow, stream energy.
- Do you have a late-in-the-day presentation where you need to stay pumped and excited? Variations of red will not only keep you going but it will get your audience enthusiastic too.
- If you are providing counseling to someone, wear beige or light yellow: you will be grounded and your gift will be nurturing and full of love.
- Wear green when you want creativity and vision to design new ventures or inspire fresh ideas.
And my favorite: Wash your face, brush your teeth, count your blessings and wear any of the jewel tones to have a full and abundant day!
Learn that the five elements and their colors are the key to all Bagua energies including the Life Aspirations, your Best Directions, and to enhance your Flying Stars. Enjoy the entire two lessons on the elements in the Feng Shui Home Study Mastery Program (there is a bonus FS and business chapter).
Wear your Daily Colors & Chakra
to enhance your ColorAlchemy too!